Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) carefully. You can download the Terms here.
By using this website and the Batcombe Vale Campsite online booking service you are agreeing to be bound by the Terms, which form the basis for your contract with Batcombe Vale Campsite. In the Terms the words “you” and “your” refers to all persons named in the booking, which includes any subsequent additions or alterations. “We”, “us” and “our” all refer to Batcombe Vale Campsite. Reference to the “campsite” includes the valley and fields surrounding the campsite
Please ensure that you read and understand these Terms before you submit a Booking Enquiry. You may only request a booking if you agree to these Terms. Please check that the details in your Booking Enquiry are complete and accurate before sending.
We reserve the right to amend and alter the Terms from time to time.
Making a Booking
1. By making a booking you are confirming that you are over eighteen (18) years of age, are authorised to do so on behalf of all persons named on or included in the booking and you are acknowledging that all members of your party agree to be bound by the Terms. You warrant that the party will not exceed the numbers stated in the booking.
2. All bookings shall be for a minimum of two (2) nights except for Bank Holiday weekends when the minimum booking shall be three (3) nights.
3. When your booking has been made a confirmation will be sent to you by email using the email address that you have supplied. You should carefully check the contents of your confirmation as soon as you receive it and retain a copy of this confirmation for your reference. You should contact us immediately if you believe that any of the details are incorrect or incomplete.
4. We will endeavour to rectify any inaccuracies or alterations you wish to make to your booking brought to our attention within seven (7) days of issuing your confirmation but we will have no liability to you for anything notified to us after such date nor for inaccurate or incorrect information that you have supplied as part of your booking.
5. Your confirmation will state that a pitch has been reserved for you on the dates required. The pitch offered will be based upon the information supplied by you. You may request a specific pitch, but this cannot be guaranteed. Sometimes pitches have to be re-allocated depending on need and we will use reasonable endeavours to inform you first if we need to make a change.
6. Special requests, including requests for adjacent camping pitches, must be indicated to us at the time of booking, and cannot be guaranteed.
7. As all our pitches vary in sizes, you must advise us when booking of the exact size or make/model of your unit (including awnings, gazebos, tent extensions/canopy, kitchen/day tents and the like) to enable us to confirm that we have a suitable pitch available. Awnings, gazebos, tent extensions/canopy, and kitchen/day tents are only permitted if used with a breathable ground sheet, as this will help to preserve the grass. Note that for extended bookings tents must be moved every seven (7) days.
8. Any changes to tent size, equipment or other things specified at the time of booking will be classed as an amendment to your booking. We cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate changes to your booking and you may be charged extra.
Paying for a Booking
9. Full payment is required at time of booking.
10. Once you have paid for your booking, the price charged will not be subject to change unless your requirements change or an error in calculating the cost of the booking is discovered prior to your arrival. If such an error results in an extra cost being applied to your booking we will notify you immediately and offer you the opportunity either to pay the additional sum and retain the booking or to cancel your booking entirely, in which case your booking will be cancelled and your payment will be refunded in full
11. Acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a specific pitch. If you wish to extend your stay beyond the dates specified in your booking, there is no guarantee that the same pitch will be available. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all advertised facilities are available, it may be sometimes necessary to close or limit a facility for safety or improvement reasons.
12. Bookings are not transferable in any circumstances.
Cancellations and Refunds
13. You may cancel the booking at any time by emailing us. A cancellation confirmation will be sent back to you at the same email address as used for the booking. If a cancellation occurs the following refund policy applies:
• A cancellation up to four (4) weeks before arrival will incur a cancellation charge equivalent to the minimum booking period of two (2) days (three (3) days for Bank Holidays) (“Cancellation Charge”).
• A cancellation of between four (4) weeks and two (2) weeks of arrival will incur the Cancellation Charge and fifty percent (50%) of the balance of the booking payment
• For any cancellation made within two (2) weeks of arrival no refunds will be given.
14. Refunds will not be given if you decide to cancel your booking or leave the campsite early due to inclement weather, illness or other reasons beyond your control. We recommend that you buy holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.
15. If we have to cancel or change your booking in a significant way for any reason or due to events beyond our control including, but not limited to, severe weather events then we will return to you any money paid in respect of the booking for the part of the holiday affected but will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by cancellation or alteration. We will accept no responsibility for finding alternative accommodation and exclude any cost incurred by you in relation to any such alternative accommodation.
16. We regret that the weather is not in our control and we cannot refund any money due to adverse weather conditions
17. We do not accept large family or friend group bookings without prior arrangement.
18. Our site is not suitable for stag, hen, groups or birthday parties and you must tell us prior to booking, an obtain our written agreement, if your group consists of such a party. We may refuse to allow you access to the campsite and/or require you to leave the campsite if you do not comply with this Clause 18.
19. No commercial vehicles or motorcycle “packs” are permitted on the campsite.
20. The size of a party for camping is restricted to a maximum of five (5) people in any combination of adults or children. An additional child may be permitted by special arrangement for an additional charge.
21. Family parties must be limited to no more than two (2) tents in adjacent pitches.
22. On arrival on site, please ensure that your tent/campervan is six (6) metres (about seven (7) paces) away from adjacent accommodation. If you have arranged to bring a pup tent with you, this need to be spaced six (6) metres apart as well.
23. Breakages and damages must be reported as soon as is reasonably possible and we may charge you for any camping pitch, facility or site amenity destroyed or damaged. We may charge you for the relevant costs if extra cleaning is required
24. You must not use the camping pitch, the campsite or any surrounding area, for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to us or any neighbours.
25. You must agree to be responsible for the welfare of yourselves, your children and your visitors
26. You must ensure children in your party are properly supervised at all times, in all areas of the campsite, including the boating and fishing lakes, when using all amenities and any surrounding areas.
27. You must comply with any general regulations relating to campsites. The usual customs of good camping and caravanning are to be followed at all times.
28. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can fit both your vehicle and unit on the pitch allocated to you. If you decide to bring extras, these must fit within the pitch.
29. Barbecues are permitted on your pitch, but not elsewhere, provided they are raised off the ground. They must be gas or charcoal only, no wood. Open fires and ground level barbecues are not permitted. The use of generators is not permitted.
Only Kadai fire bowls supplied by us may be used on your pitch and only with kiln dried wood and kindling purchased from us. No wood may be taken from the fields or woods or brought in from elsewhere. Anyone found in breach of these requirements may be asked to leave the campsite.
30. Gas stoves, naked flames or cooking inside tents is not permitted and can be lethal.
31. The speed limit is 5mph. Please drive slowly. Drivers must hold a valid licence and have tax and MOT as appropriate. No bicycles or any other wheeled conveyances or recreational vehicles such as motorised scooters or quad bikes may be ridden or used on the campsite.
32. Out of respect for all guests:
• No loud/amplified music or loud noises at any time.
• We ask all campers to be quiet between the hours of 23.00 and 07.30 and refrain from excessive noise at all other times.
• No excessive consumption of alcohol.
• Ball games only played with consideration for others in the play areas.
• No fireworks or Chinese/paper lanterns anywhere on the campsite.
• Please refrain from smoking in the shower block or other communal areas, by the lakes or when walking through the fields. All litter should be properly disposed of in the bins provided or offsite.
33. Please leave your pitch in a clean and tidy state.
34. We do not accept hen/stag parties or groups that want a party venue. If you are looking for a party campsite, then this isn't the campsite for you. This is a quiet retreat for families, retired people and those that appreciate a peaceful and relaxing environment.
35. Persistent noisy guests and/or visitors that disturb our other guests will be asked to leave without refund or other liability.
Right to evict
36. We reserve the right to ask any guest/s to leave who present a danger, menace or disturbance to other guest/s including excessive noise and failure to adhere to campsite regulations and no refund of monies will be paid
Arrival and Departure
37. You must report to Reception upon arrival.
38. Adherence to the stated arrival and departure times forms part of the booking and any stay that extends beyond this period will be subject to a charge being made for the additional day/s.
39. Please try to time your arrival for after 2pm, as your pitch will not be available any earlier. No arrivals after the hours of darkness are permitted unless by prior agreement with us. Additional charges for late arrival may apply.
40. On the day of departure please vacate the campsite by 11am unless otherwise agreed with us. Additional charges for late departure may apply.
41. Pitches offered are for one (1) tent plus one (1) vehicle, or one (1) caravan plus one (1) vehicle or one (1) motor home, or one (1) camper van only. The only other unit permitted on a pitch may be a small pup or pop-up type tent for occupancy only by children aged under 16 (this incurs an extra charge). Should your vehicle not fit on your pitch alongside your tent or caravan an additional daily charge will be payable at the same rate as if you had brought an extra vehicle.
42. When camping, if you fail to arrive by the stated arrival time without prior notification, we reserve the right to re-let your pitch without further liability to you.
43. You must pitch as directed by the ground staff, not encroach upon any other pitches and consider fire risk limitation, safety and access. If you pitch outside the boundaries of your pitch or your unit is judged to pose a risk to the safety and comfort of others you will be asked to move.
44. You must notify us at the time of booking if you intend to bring a dog on site. Dogs are limited to a maximum of two (2) per party and will incur an additional charge.
45. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times, exercised away from the main camping areas and not left unattended. You are solely responsible for any mess, which must be cleared up completely and disposed of immediately.
46. A current fishing licence must be held if you wish to fish. Further information may be found here: www.gov.uk/fishing-licences/when-you-need-a-licence
47. There is a permit fee payable to us for fishing, which may be paid in advance or on a daily basis for every day of your stay regardless of how long you fish.
48. Your intention to fish for the first time must be registered at Reception.
49. Fishing is allowed only in the fishing lakes. Fishing hours are between dawn and dusk. No night fishing is permitted.
50. Children under 16 years must not fish alone and must be accompanied at all times within the fenced lakeside areas
51. Please fish from numbered stations, where the grass will be kept mown; elsewhere flowers are encouraged to grow. If family or friends wish to share a station, please reach agreement with your neighbouring station
52. Only barbless hooks may be used.
53. Fish may be landed with the use of a landing net for the purposes of a photograph but must be returned swiftly to the lake and keep-nets are strictly forbidden. No fish may be removed from the lakes.
54. No bathing or paddling is allowed in any of the lakes, including the Boating Lake, at any time.
55. We accept no responsibility for injury to persons or damage to equipment.
56. Anyone found to be fishing without a current licence, without payment of the permit fee, in an inappropriate manner or in breach of these Terms may be asked to vacate the campsite without refund or other liability.
57. We provide rowing boats for use on the Boating Lake and only during prescribed hours. You will be fully responsible for your children’s safety and behaviour at all times. No landing on the island is permitted at any time.
58. We will not accept any responsibility for any accidents or injury caused to or by you or any of your party through the use of the rowing boats and/or oars.
59. No bathing or paddling is allowed in the Boating Lake at any time.
60. Your friends are welcome to visit you during the day by prior arrangement – just let us know. They should park near the entrance and must report to Reception upon arrival. Should they wish to stay for more than thirty (30) minutes, an additional charge will be payable and there is a limit of one (1) car per pitch. This charge excludes the use of the shower facilities.
61. We will not be liable to any person visiting, for any injury, fatal or non-fatal unless caused by a negligent act or omission by us, or our employees, sustained on our premises.
62. We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any person’s property including, but not limited to, motor vehicles and personal effects howsoever caused or sustained.
Care of the campsite and the surrounding countryside
63. The campsite is located in a natural, living and peaceful environment. In making a booking you take on a duty of care to conserve and protect this countryside setting.
64. Any damage to the site including the trees, or any pollution (e.g. excessive noise, litter or contamination of any kind) may result in you being asked to leave without any refund.
65. We reserve the right to charge you for anything found to be missing from, or damaged on the pitch or the campsite after your departure.
66. Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and the natural conditions are not to be disturbed. This includes tying ropes to, or driving nails into, trees.
67. In order to make your booking you will need to provide us with specific personal details relating to you and your booking. Your details will be used only in relation to your booking and will not be sold, exchanged or traded to or with any third party, save for our professional advisers or where we legally compelled to do so.
68. When you make a booking we will use your email address for the purpose of fulfilling your booking. This will include sending you an email to confirm your booking and may include further communication should we need to contact you regarding specific requirements or any changes or cancellation to your booking.
69. When you make a booking we would like to retain your email address as part of our mailing list in order to provide you with information regarding the campsite. If you do not wish to receive any such future communications please advise us at the time of booking. You may also advise us at anytime that you no longer wish to be part of our email list by sending an email to: email@example.com.
70. Information you provide us using our enquiry form on our website will be used only for the purpose of fulfilling that enquiry.
Third party websites and viruses
71. We cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, content or availability of information about the campsite or us that may be found on third party websites. Neither are we responsible for the content or privacy policies of any third party websites that have links to or from our website
72. In the event of this website failing to operate, either in whole or part, due to infections by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond reasonable control, we reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to prohibit the use of our website and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the website.
73. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, videos, sounds, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other materials on this site, unless otherwise stated, belong to us or our affiliates, licensees or assigns. No reproduction of the whole or any part of this site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain or modified or incorporated into any other work, publication or site or used without our prior written consent. Framing or use of framing techniques of the above or other proprietary information is also prohibited without prior written consent.
74. Neither we nor any party involved in creating, producing, delivering or maintaining this site shall be liable for any loss or damages arising out of access to, use of, or inability to use this site
Comments & Complaints
75. If you supplied an email address at the time of booking, a survey may be emailed to you for your comments after your stay. Alternatively, a comment form may be completed and left at Reception.
76. Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that the pitch and campsite amenities are presented to a high standard. Should you find any cause for complaint, please immediately contact one of the campsite staff, so that reasonable steps may then be taken to rectify the problem. We will not normally consider making any refunds in respect of complaints made after your departure from the campsite if you did not make the problem or complaint known to us during your stay. All complaints made after your departure should be made in writing by post or email to:
Batcombe Vale Campsite
Somerset BA4 6BW
Batcombe Vale Campsite is a trading name of Batcombe Vale Limited (Company no. 09371124; Registered Office: The Wood Shed, Batcombe Vale, Batcombe, somerset BA4 6BW; Registered in England and Wales). Updated February 2018.