The Campsite Facilities
- Campervans, tents, motorhomes, trailer tents welcome
- 30 Grass pitches adjacent a hard roadway, parking on the pitch
- Maximum unit size 7 meters (23 feet) including any extension/canopy
- Electric hook ups (10A) on some pitches
- Separate ladies/gents showers and toilets
- Washing up sinks and a freezer for freezer blocks
- Water points, rubbish disposal and chemical waste disposal
- Reception with local tourist information
- Central grassy meadow for children to play
- Pet friendly
- Well lit after dark
- Gas and Charcoal BBQs allowed (above ground only)
- Kadai Firebowls available to hire
- Two well stocked convenience stores, shops, a cashpoint and petrol station two miles away in nearby Bruton
- Great selection of pubs, restaurants and takeaways nearby
- A variety of local farm shops and local produce
- Large supermarket seven miles away in Shepton Mallet
- Cinemas, leisure centres and swimming pools are a short drive away
Batcombe Vale campsite welcomes families and their kids – big and small. Inspire in children a love of the great outdoors and make happy family memories to treasure. From chasing butterflies to feeding the wild ducks, it’s a chance for some quality time with those you love most. Play, bond, explore, relax and have fun. And, if the weather takes a turn for the worse, we can suggest outings that will keep your kids entertained and dry.
Batcombe Vale is the perfect place to unwind away from the stresses and strains of everyday life. Absolute peace and relaxation are treasured in this restful hideaway. Sit back and enjoy beautiful scenery while listening to the birds singing in the trees. Take yourself off to a hidden glade to read or paint. Relax with friends, glass in hand, or chill on the water’s edge watching the clouds float by while the grass tickles your toes.
You can meander through the 120 acre site or walk along the river. Alternatively, gentle strolls to hiking trails abound in all directions from the campsite. Footpath maps are available from the information folders at Reception. Choose from miles of pathways, lanes and circular walks that range from an hour to all day. There is a picturesque walk to the local, dog-friendly pub, The Three Horseshoes, in Batcombe.
The boating lake adjacent the campsite has four colourful rowing boats for campers to enjoy for free. Try your hand at rowing for the first time, glide around the lake, or simply relax on the water and enjoy the tranquility of floating along with the ducks. Experience is not necessary but please use common sense when on the water. Please see Terms & Conditions for more information.
If you want nature and fresh air aplenty then look no further. Batcombe Vale’s fields are not only home to a herd of Friesian cows but a haven for wild flowers, birds and butterflies. Look out for rabbits scooting across the grass, buzzards soaring on thermals and herons stopping by for fish. The lakes attract many species of water birds. In the woods you might spot woodpeckers, squirrels or even deer. Birdwatchers, artists and photographers will find plenty to keep them happy.
- Nearby attractions include Hauser and Wirth Somerset, Longleat, East Somerset Railway, Haynes Motor Museum, Fleet Air Arm Museum, Cheddar Gorge and Caves, Wookey Hole, Stonehenge, the Royal Bath and West Showground and much more.
- Wells with its Cathedral and Bishop's Palace, Glastonbury with its Abbey and Tor and Frome with its independent shops and markets are all close by.
- Salisbury with its Cathedral and Close, Sherborne with its Abbey and Castle and the historic cities of Bath and Bristol are less than an hour away.
- National Trust properties in the area include Stourhead House and Gardens, Montacute House, Tintinhull Garden and Lytes Cary Manor.
- The wonderful beaches of Weston-super-Mare, Burnham-on-Sea, Lyme Regis, West Bay and Weymouth as well as the Jurassic Coast are an hour’s drive away.
- Nature and Bird Reserves nearby.
Offsite Recreational Activities
If you can tear yourself away from Batcombe Vale, then the local area has plenty of activities on offer. These include horse riding, cycling, swimming, golfing, kayaking, caving, clay pigeon shooting, tenpin bowling and many more. Our Reception carries extensive information on where to go for a fun day out.